ACFT:PAN PAN PAN Gatwick Tower Speedbird 515 overhead GV- Bird strike closed down #1, ______________________________________.
TWR:Speedbird 515- Tower- Roger PAN, confirm you are able to climb or maintain altitude.
ACFT:Speedbird 515, affirm, maintaining 2500 feet.
TWR: Roger Speedbird 515. Contact _______________________________________________________.
ACFT:Contact Approach 119,35- Speedbird 515.
ACFT: Approach Speedbird 515 maintaining 2500 feet and heading 250 inbound to Midhurst.
APP:Speedbird 515 Approach turn left heading _____________________ ________________________ ,wind 270/10 knots, emergency services _______________________________.
ACFT:Left heading 080 maintaining 2500 feet, vectors for ILS approach RW 26, wind 270/10 knots- Speedbird 515
Q request priority landing back at Gatwick
Q will be standing by
Q Approach 119,35 for sequencing
Q miles to touchdown
Q 080-maintain 2500 feet, radar vectors for ILS approach RW 26
Q cleared ILS approach
Q closing the localizer from
APP:Speedbird 515 turn left heading 350, 15 _________________________.
ACFT:Left heading 350- Speedbird 515
APP:Speedbird 515 left heading 290 - _____________________________ the left, descend 2000 feet, report established.
ACFT:Turning left heading 290, will report established.
ACFT:Speedbird 515 established.
APP:Speedbird 515, _____________________________________, 8 miles from touchdown, contact Tower 118,1.
Report your supervisor on the situation.
Listen to pilot’s messages and reply.
12. Answer the following questions:
Watch a video and mark the statement true or false.
VIDEO # 29
1. Flight 4263, Boeing 767, departing from Manchester airport catches fire during take-off.
2. There are 225 passengers and 8 crew on board the aircraft.
3. The pilot declared Pan Pan due to engine malfunction.
4. There have been two large birds ingested into the left engine and which became the reason for engine failure.
5. The pilots decide to shut down the engine and to come back to Manchester airport.
6. Before landing they request clearance to dump fuel.
7. Thirty five minutes later they land successfully using only one engine.
8. There were only minor injuries to some passengers.
9. The plane is now being checked and the passengers are being boarded on another flight.