Exercise 2. Read and translate paying attention to the translation of Absolute Participle Construction.
1. The nephron carrying out nearly all of the kidney's functions, its chief function is to regulate the concentration of water
2. The nephrons in the kidney being inflamed, the patient was administered antibiotics.
3. The patient suffering from pains in the lumber area, urine analyses were made.
4. The patient being admitted to the hospital, the doctor examined him in the reception ward.
5. The patient having been hospitalized, the abdominal pain was controlled several hours later.
6. The patient having survived the operation well, the danger of peritonitis was eliminated.
7. Gastric and duodenal ulcers having been proved to result from Helicobacter pylori that colonizes the mucosa.
8. Hypertension complicating the nephritis, the patient was prescribed vasodilators and diuretics.
Exercise 3. Make questions to the underlined words.
1. The human organism can fight against the microorganisms.
2. The doctor has just examined this patient.
3. The administrations were changed to restore the patient’s health rapidly.
4. The capillaries are connected with the endings of the arteries and veins.
5. Bacteria cause inflammation of the urinary bladder.
6. The bladder is composed of serous, muscular, submucous, and mucous coats.
7. Koch's pupils found the organisms responsible for diphtheria, typhoid, and pneumonia.
8. The symptoms of acute pyelonephritis are aching pain in the lumbar region and fever.
Exercise 4. Open the brackets and put the verbs in a correct form.
1. The patient's wound (to bandage) 2 hours ago.
2. Urine (to form) in three steps: Filtration, Reabsorption, and Secretion.
3. No sex differences (to exist) in the count of white corpuscles.
4. A test in Histology (to pass) the day after tomorrow.
5. Last night she (to experience) an attack of acute pain in the tooth.
6. V. P. Filatov (to found) the Institute of Eye diseases in Odesa.
7. The prescribed antipyretics already (to reduce) elevated body temperature.
8. When he entered the room, they (to carry out) the experiment.
Завдання для самостійної роботи
1. сечовід та сечовипускальний канал
2. нирки та сечовий міхур
3. ниркова миска
4. продукти відходів життєдіяльності
5. накопичуватися в крові
6. мозкова речовина нирки
7. порушення функцій органів
8. перешкоджати зворотному відтоку сечі
9. виводити сечу
10. розташуватися за очеревиною
II.Answer the questions:
1. What does the urinary system consist of?
2. What form do the kidneys have?
3. What is the function of nephrons?
4. Where is the urine stored before it is discharged from the body?
5. What is the difference between male and female urethra?
III. Describe the term:
Kidney, nephron, urinary bladder
Тестові завдання для поточного контролю знань
1. ……………… convey urine to the urinary bladder.
a) Urethra b) ureters c) kidney d) nephron e) urinary bladder
2. Urine is discharged from the body through …...
a) Urethra b) ureters c) kidneys d) nephron e) urinary bladder
3. The chief function of ………….. is to regulate the concentration of water and soluble substances.
a) Urethra b) ureters c) nephron d) nerves e) bladder
4. ………………. is a triangle-shaped, hollow musculomembranous organ.
a) Kidney b) urinary bladder c) renal pelvis d) ureter e) stomach
5. ……….. is divided into three portions, the prostatic, membranous, and cavernous.
a) Male urethra b) female urethra c) ureters d) urinary bladder e) kidney
6. The urinary bladder ……... in place by ligaments.
a) is tightened b) is held c) is attached d) is divided e) is bounded
7. ………………… has a characteristic bean-shaped form.
a) Urinary bladder b) renal pelvis c) kidney d) liver e) spleen
8. …………… measures from 25 to 30 cm in length.
a) Urethra b) ureter c) kidney d) small intestine e) esophagus
9. Inflammation of the nephrons in the kidneys is called ………….
a) Nephrolithiasis b) nephritis с) pyelonephritis d) cystitis e) hepatitis
10. Nephrons …..
a) eliminate wastes from the body b) regulate blood volume and pressure
c) control levels of electrolytes and metabolites d) regulate blood pH
e) all of the above
| THE PHYSIOLOGY OF THE URINARY SYSTEM
ФІЗІОЛОГІЯ СЕЧОВИДІЛЬНОЇ СИСТЕМИ
Text: The anatomy of the urinary system.
Поиск по сайту: