D. are lost and replaced
E. loses and replaces
50. This system describes how bones … to other bones and muscle fibers via connective tissue such as tendons and ligaments.
C. is connected
D. are connected
51. The adult body … up of: 100 trillion cells, 206 bones, 600 muscles, and 22 internal organs.
A. isn`t made
C. aren`t made
D. is made
52. The human skeleton … of both fused and individual bones supported by ligaments, tendons, muscles and cartilage.
A. isn`t composed
C. aren`t compose
D. is composed
53. Humans … with about 300 to 350 bones.
A. isn`t born
B. is born
C. are born
D. be born
E. was born
54. To allow motion, different bones … by joints.
C. isn`t connected
D. are connected
E. is connected
55. … smooth muscles … to control the flow of substances within the lumens of hollow organs?
A. Is …used
B. Do …use
C. Are … used
D. Does …use
E. Do … used
56. … the human body … to stand erect, walk on two feet, use the arms to carry and lift, and has opposable thumbs?
A. Do … make
B. Does … made
C. Are … made
D. Is … make
E. Is … made
57. …the size of an adult person firstly… by genes and secondly by diet?
A. Is … determined
B. Are … determined
C. Is … determine
D. Do … determine
E. Does …determined
58. … the ends of the fingers and toes … by nails?
A. Do … cover
B. Does … cover
C. Are … covered
D. Is … covered
E. Are … cover
59. … body type and body composition … by postnatal factors such as diet and exercise?
A. Are … influence
B. Is … influenced
C. Are … influenced
D. Do … influence
E. Does … influence
60. The system of higher education in Ukraine … good quality and …well … .
A. provides; are … developed
B. is provide; is …develop
C. is provided; are …develop
D. provides; is … developed
E. provides; develops
61. Combining form “ -logy-” means:
62. Combining form “-(log)ist” means:
E. place of work
63. Combining form “-cyte” means:
64. Combining form “ histo-” means:
65. Combining form “-genesis” means:
66. Combining form “ -pathy” means:
67. Combining form “myo-” means:
68. Combining form “dermato-” means:
69. Combining form “ osteo-” means:
70. Combining form “ costo-” means:
71. Combining form “ arthro-” means:
72. Combining form “ cranio-” means:
73. Combining form “ thoraco-”means:
74. Combining form “hepato-” means:
75. Combining form “gastro-” means:
76. Combining form “entero-” means:
77. Combining form “ophtalmo-” means:
78. Combining form “oro-” means:
79. Combining form “bio-” means:
80. Combining form “onco-” means:
81. Combining form “spondylo-” means …
82. Prefix “pre-” means:
83. Prefix “post-” means:
84. Nails … from a region of living cells, which lies underneath a fold of skin called the cuticle.
85. It … about 20 seconds for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
86. The average person … asleep in seven minutes.
87. Muscles … to move the bone attached at the joint.
88. The cardiovascular system … the heart, veins, arteries and capillaries.
89. The nervous system … of cells that communicate information about an organism's surroundings and itself.
90. The musculoskeletal system's primary functions … supporting the body, allowing motion, and protecting vital organs.
91. The blood vessels, hairs, and sweat glands of the skin … together to help control body temperature.
92. The skeletal portion of the system … as the main storage system for calcium and phosphorus.
93. Muscles … bones in place and also play a role in movement of the bones.
94. After successful … of clinical training a student graduates as a Bachelor of Medicine.
95. Entry to British medical schools is very … .
96. The medical education itself takes five years, consisting of an … of 2 years of preclinical training and 3 years of clinical training.
97. Medical schools and teaching hospitals are closely … .
98. Courses in medical schools in the UK … five or six years.
99. The majority of UK doctors work as …, who are the first port of call for patients.
A. family doctors
D. ENT specialists
Поиск по сайту: