The home of most national daily and Sunday newspapers is
E)Queen Victoria Street
41. The BBC has …TV channels.
It was the greatest engineering cunning of Christopher Wren.
They were along the front in I. Jones's buildings.
44. There are … Turner's paintings collected in Tate Gallery.
Henry Moore is a famous British...
46. People dance a Morris dance … years.
Maypoles are generally decorated in...
New Year's Day became a public holiday...
A)after World War II
So many weeks are paid as holidays per year in England.
50. Halloween is particularly connected with …
51. Jack will do his work better …
C)he thinks that play is more important than work
53. The child was … with cold.
54. What were … of the boy's illness?
55. I can't say I feel any sharp … in some definite place, I just … all over.
56. Does it … you to move your arms, legs or head?
57. My head… all the time, it … me to look at the light and each movement is …
E)ache, hurts, painful
58. In spite of his father's wish he …
59. I decided to break with him after he had … to help me.
60. Smallpox is …. Disease.
61. This picture is not …. the money you've paid for it.
62. Her fingers touched his forehead and …. there.
63. A good teacher catalyzes in his pupils …
A)truth & beauty
The father wouldn't have called the doctor if the boy had been quite well.
E)Әкем дәрігерді шақырмаған болар еді, егер бала ауырмағанда
To shiver - the synonym of the word?
67. Children must …. their parents.
68. He …. the money
70. Why did Linda …. to see Porcharlester?
71. It was a pleasant …. to see the girls dancing
72. Do you feel in love …. .?
E)at first sight
1. Choose the right variant. Mr.Voronin … for Tuesday
E)makes an appointment
The engineers of our firm know the prices for telephone equipment very... .
Walt Disney was born in ... .
Charlie Chaplin was ... .
B)an American actor
5. Our company has just started … a new model of chemical equipment
6. When Mr. Brown was … business … Moscow he stayed … the Russia hotel
7. We plan … bus and taxi services from Sydney
8. We are going to build a … .
11. The plane … its course for London
13. The quality of their television equipment … our requirements and we'd like to meet him to discuss prices, terms of payment and delivery
14. Choose the right word. Mr. Bell is … company … .
17. In English business letters the date is written in the following way:
18. What feeling concerns to the next sentence? We are sorry to have to remind you …
What phrases may be used in closing paragraph?
20. The enclosure of the letter is typed … of the page below the signature.
E)in the bottom left -hand corner
21. The layout and parts of a business letter comprises the following principal parts …
W They were given no rights after 1649.
27. In England achieved industrial monopoly in the world …century
E)in the 19th
28. The collapse of the imperialist colonial system began …
E)after World War II
The climate is more severe in...
It has a great effect on England's climate.
31. This part of London is its educational centre:
E)the West End
Nelson's column stands in this place.
E)In Trafalgar Square
Speaker's Corner is situated here.
A)In Hyde Park
34. This part of Scotland is not far from the Arctic Circle:
35. The Old Town of Edinburgh is situated on the …
36. The Welsh call their country…
This part of Wales is more developed.
Name the Head of the State in Great Britain.
39. The Lord Chancellor sits on:
40. This party wins seats in the Parliament by all means:
41. The "Tory" is another name of this party.
E)The Conservative Party.
42. There are …terms in British educational institutions of higher ed education.
44. After three years of study a university graduate will leave with the de degree of a …
45. The normal length of the degree course is … years.
National newspapers are published ...
E)6 times a week
Поиск по сайту: