The Normans conquered the country in
26. 18 Great Britain became the largest colonial power in the world in … century.
The City of London suffered the Great Fire in...
They retain official ties with Great Britain through the Commonwealth
A)The majority of liberated countries
There are . . . parts in Great Britain.
The most important river in England is...
31. Stonehenge is found …
C)in Southern England
32. This part of London is called "a square mile".
This is the oldest building in London
The residence of the Prime Minister is in this street.
E)In Downing Street
35. The river Taff flows into …
A)the Bristol Channel
36. The economy of Northern Ireland is closely integrated with …
37. Smaller political parties …
E)join one of the largest parties
38. The word "Whig" means:
A)a Scottish preacher
39. Schools in Britain are supported from…
40. Education in Britain is …
E)Class-divided and selective
The National Education Act of 1944 provided some stages of education.
C)Primary, secondary and further
42. Children start schooling in Britain at the age of …
43. Comprehensive schools were introduced in…
44. Oxford and Cambridge are …
45. Each college constituting Oxford and Cambridge is governed b by a…
46. The BBC controls … radio stations.
This king encouraged the arts and culture first.
Under this Queen another cultural and artistic growth was as a result of industrialization.
49. The most popular painter in the Tate Gallery is:
50. Christmas is celebrated in Great Britain on…
This sport determines the class of a sportsman for what is caught.
52. What … do you take for your headaches?
53. Though she regularly … his proposals he couldn't … his dream of marrying her sooner or later.
E)refused, give up
54. Which of these words mean " To look steadily one's eyes, to try to see"
55. The … between our views is not very great.
56. The antonym of the verb "Comfortable"
57. When writing you may choose…
B)to describe the facts or events
68. That's a different …. of meaning
70. Do you …. the children when they don't obey you?
71. Дұрыс баға
C)a fair mark
72. Aren't you …. of watching TV?
Nancy is a ... secretary
She does her work ... .
3. Our engineers are … till 6 o'clock
4. Where is … with GML?
8. The engineers of the Ministry offer go to different countries … with foreign companies
E)to do business
9. Terms of … .
10. He usually … a lot of mail
11. A new … of this equipment
12. Introducing people:
E)Men are introduced to women
13. In English letter the date is typed in … not just in figures.
14. The name and address of the company written to are usually typed on the …
How do the English write opening salutation?
B)Dear sirs, Dear madam
16. How do you think, writing of postscript is considered to be …
17. In telex messages there not used …
The National Chartist Association was founded in...
26. The programme of London Working-Men's Association included … points.
Britain gained the major part of the former German colonies
D)after World War I
28. The Head of the Commonwealth is …
E)The Queen of Great Britain
The largest division of Great Britain is...
30. The population of Great Britain is over…people
31. The cotton industry is centred …
32. These hills mark the boundary between Scotland & England:
33. The true power belongs to:
E)the British Parliament and Government
This party mostly consists of workers.
E)The Labour Party
In this part of Great Britain the system of education is a little indifferent.
Secondary schools are replaced nowadays by...
37. Junior school begins when children are … years of age.
The most)An interesting form of studies in modern universities is called
D)concrete & glass
39. At degree ceremonies Oxford and Cambridge use …
Поиск по сайту: